On the "Available Properties" page find your desired property and click Apply Now directly from the property advertisement.
Notice to All Applicants:
We are an equal opportunity housing provider. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act and all state and local fair housing laws.
HAVING A BANKRUPTCY OR FORECLOSURE WILL NOT NECESSARILY DISQUALIFY YOU FROM BEING ABLE TO RENT A PROPERTY!
In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable fair housing laws. We allow 2 people per bedroom, plus one per unit. For example, a two-bedroom rental unit could house five people, and a three-bedroom rental unit could house seven people. These restrictions are enforced to prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems.
- Submission of an application does not reserve the property and approval is not granted on a first come, first serve basis. First Choice Property Management will continue to market the property and continue to accept applications until an approved applicant places a holding deposit (see below for holding deposit policies). All applications will be considered equally, regardless of the order in which they are received.
- All persons 18 years or older that will be residing in the unit must submit an application. The application fee is non-refundable under any condition and is $40.00 for each person. Applications are not process until the application has been received.
- The application fee must be paid by Visa, MasterCard, Debit Card, Cashier's Check or Money Order.
- All sections of the application must be completed to prevent delays in processing your application. Please allow a minimum of 1-2 business days to process your application, upon receipt of all required documentation.
- The following items must be submitted with your application or it will not be processed:
- If you work for a company - your most recent paycheck stub, prior year W-2(s) and copies of the last three months bank statements (all pages).
- If you are self-employed - the first 2 pages of your last 2 year's tax returns and copies of the last three months bank statements (all pages).
- Copy of your Valid Driver's License issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States.
- Copy of your Social Security Card.
- Photo of Pet (if applicable).
- Other Documentation If Applicable:
- Proof of SSI / Disability.
- Proof of Child Support order and proof of receiving funds (must be the official court documentation).
- Proof of Section 8 Housing Assistance. Section 8 rental applications will not be processed unless the housing packet has been delivered to our office.
- Proof of Pension or Retirement income.
- Proof of Rental income (copies of Rental Agreements).
- Once we have 'pre-approved' your application; it will be sent to the owner of the property for 'final approval'.
Some companies utilize a third party company to handle their employment verification, in which these companies charge a fee to perform the verification. If your employer utilizes one of these companies, you will be responsible to remit payment for the fee to First Choice Property Management prior to us performing the verification. If payment is not resolved, it will result in a delay in processing your application.
Qualifying to Rent:
- We utilize a computer based scoring system that incorporates the following: amount of monthly rent, credit score, income, job history, rental history and debt. Once this information has been If the calculated score is equal to 140 or higher (for one individual), you qualify based on the scoring system.
- A person with an unsatisfied eviction will not be considered. This means that if the judgement has not been paid or satisfied, it is an automatic disqualification. Also, if there is a judgement or collection on your record from a management company or previous landlord, your application will not be considered, unless you can provide proof of a payment plan that is current.
- Bankruptcy filed more than 24 months previous will not have an effect on your score. If bankruptcy is filed within the past 24 months; the score will be affected based on how long ago you filed. Foreclosures are handled the same way as bankruptcies.
- If you do not qualify to rent a unit; you may be able to qualify by obtaining a co-signer. The co-signer must pass the same application and screening process that you must pass and they must own real estate. The fee for an individual co-signer is $40.00.
- If you have ever been convicted of a felony, we may reject your application. If you have ever been convicted of a misdemeanor involving dishonesty or violence within the past 5 years, we may reject your application.
- The minimum security deposit required will be equal to one month's rent.
- The maximum security deposit required will be equal to two month's rent.
- The maximum security deposit required on a furnished home will be equal to three month's rent.
The acceptance of pets is solely at the discretion of the owner.
- Maximum of three (3) animals per home.
- An additional fee (added to the security deposit) will be required as follows: $400.00 for each dog and $250.00 for each cat. Fees for other animals are determined on a case by case basis and are dependent upon the type of animal.
- Since many insurance companies will not cover properties with 'vicious' animals; the following breeds of dog may not be accepted: Chow, Pit Bull, Doberman, German Shepherd and Rottweiler.
- Processing of an application does not constitute reservation of a property. Properties are not considered reserved until a holding deposit is received. Should additional applications be received prior to a holding deposit being placed, ALL applications will be considered, regardless of the order in which they were received in.
- All applicants have the right and option of placing a holding deposit. Holding deposits are equal to one month's rent and are applied towards move-in costs. An applicant may choose to place a holding deposit at any time, including prior to the approval of the application. Once your application has been approved and a holding deposit has been collected, the holding deposit is non-refundable. Should your application be denied for any reason, the holding deposit is refundable. A holding deposit will hold the property for up to two (2) weeks.
- Holding deposits and any payments up to and including your move in day, will only be accepted in the form of Visa, MasterCard, Debit Card (an additional 3% fee applies), Money Order or Cashier's Check.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL RESULT IN PROCESSING DELAYS AND POSSIBLE LOSS OF YOUR RENTAL CHOICE. IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED AND A HOLDING DEPOSIT HAS NOT BEEN REMITTED, FIRST CHOICE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT WILL CONTINUE TO MARKET AND PROCESS RENTAL APPLICATIONS ON THE HOME. Should additional applications be received and they qualify and place a holding deposit, the property will be reserved for that applicant.
If you want to fax personal document you can use our Secure Fax: 951-824-7759